Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Water Therapy!

So I've been doing water therapy on Ruffles to hopefully strengthen her back legs which I think has been going pretty good. I took her for a vet appointment which I mentioned in the previous blog and the vet that it was a wonderful idea and she was glad I was doing it. I'm glad I was able to do something right :p, but I couldn't have thought about it without that person on guineapigcages.com who suggested for me to do physical therapy on Ruffles. Again thank you for bringing up that idea, I think that's what made a huge difference between her walking and not. My vet like the idea and wanted me to video recorded which I finally did and have it uploaded onto youtube which I can't wait to show her. Of course I'm also going to post it here for you wonderful people.

Guinea Pig Water Therapy

Tonight I do not have very good news. While I was feeding her lettuce I noticed something fall out of her mouth and when I picked it up I noticed it was a tooth. Dan (my boyfriend/ their uncle) became extremely worried and wanted to take her to an emergency room asap, but I reassured him we could wait till morning for a vet appointment. Not sure what could have caused her teeth to break, I'm kinda assuming when she freaked out she ran into a wall really hard or something close to that scenario. When I checked her teeth both top teeth were completely gone, I could see a slight piece on the right but I couldn't see anything for the left. It was hard to see because she kept squirming. She seemed to eat her lettuce and pellets fine, but it just took her a while to eat it so I think she's okay. I tried to feed her critical care just in case she hasn't eaten very well throughout the day, so I'm glad I still have that stuff on hand. We'll see what happens, wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment