Sunday, March 18, 2012

Home Is Where The Heart Is

So there is a few things. I've been annoying the hell out of Ruffles the past couple of days because I would pick her up to move her feet around so they don't cramp up. It was recommended by one of the forum people at guineapigcages.com who is an occupational therapist assistant student (THANKS!) and I'm glad he brought it up because I never thought about it. Sadly that same day I read it I believe Ruffles right leg cramped up already because from I think it's the ankle? it's completely tense and unmovable, :( but I still try to massage it hoping it would loosen it up. The left leg I still see movement I think when she feels like it, because some days I see her use it sometimes she just drags herself so not sure how much progress she's getting.

                       Ruffles does not like it when Nibbles is in her house because her butt gets cold.
                                     

I'm getting really excited because in a few days she will be getting her wheelchair!! Hopefully she'll be able to move around more on her own to stretch out her legs, relieve herself easier and hopefully see more improvement on that leg of hers. I'll be sure to post with pictures and all.

Another big news is that Nibbles and Ruffles got a new cage. I finished fixing it up yesterday and I love the fleece I picked out! They look adorable! Anyways they have a lot more room to run around which will be great when Ruffles gets her new wheels and I think they loved it because they were playing around a lot when I finally put them in. But one thing that makes me question why they were playing around a lot is because Nibbles was in heat that day and kept trying to hump Ruffles, so not sure if it's because they like it or because there was humpage going around. Regardless I'm really happy.

                                                                   Previous Cage

                                              New Cage. Fleece is sheeps, moons and stars.
Second fleece that boyfriend bought for piggys

Take a look on how they reacted to their new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment